Loading...

History

History

  

1902
Kobe Higher Commercial School established.
1903
Named Tetsuya MIZUSHIMA as the first president.
 
Classes began.
1906
Journal of Political Economy and Commercial Science first published.
1923
The Imperial Diet admitted the promotion of the school (gakko) to university (daigaku).
1929
Kobe University of Commerce established.
1933
Social Science Library constructed at the new campus (Named Rokkodai Campus) .
1934
Kanematsu Memorial Building constructed at Rokkodai campus.
1935
Rokkodai Auditorium constructed.
1938
Current Law Code Translation Series launched.
1944
The school was renamed to Kobe University of Economics.
1949
Kobe University established with six faculties including Faculty of Law.
 
Students first enrolled.
1951
Kobe Law Journal first published.
1953
Graduate School of Law established (Private Law Major / Public Law Major).
1954
Rokkodai Ronshu first published.
1961
Kobe University Law Review first published.
1965
Main Building of the Faculty of Law (Dai 2 Gakusha) constructed.
1985
Kobe Annals of Law and Politics first published.
1992
Legal Policy Major added in the Graduate School of Law.
2000
Prioritization and Strengthening of Graduate School education.
2003
CDAMS (Centre for the Legal Dynamics of Advanced Market Societies) established as a centre of the 21th Century COE Program under the auspices of MEXT (till 2008).
2004
Law School established.
2005
Social Science Library enlarged.
2006
First students graduated from Law School.
2012
“La Cour” (Courthouse for Clinical Training) was constructed.
2015
GMAP(Global Master Program)started.
2016
TLP(Top Lawyers’ Program)started.